Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Create


Psalm 51:10
 Create in me a clean heart, O God,
    and Renew a right spirit within me.
11 Cast me not away from your presence,
    and take not your Holy Spirit from me.
12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation,
    and uphold me with a willing spirit.
Create. Some of my family and friends may be getting a little sick of hearing about it but if they haven't they may soon. So instead of my usual Blog I am going to tell you a bit about what has got me so excited. Hopefully it will help get the bits and pieces in my imagination matching up and forming the bigger picture of what God is doing.

Once a month I will be having an afternoon at my house where ladies will come and bring their unfinished things or something that they have been meaning to start or try out but have never got the time to do it. I will also have something set up for those who haven't got anything to bring or who want to learn something new.

Every six or so months we will have a big event at the church building. It hasn't taken shape yet but I have a rough idea of what it might look like and it might even end up looking completely different in the end.

I want it to be a totally unique thing. Completely organic and new.

There are four words that sum up what this is all about:

Renew
Restore
Relate
Create

The meanings of these words are as follows:

Renew - To give fresh life or strength to.

  I want women to feel renewed, refreshed and strengthened. Most of a women's life is about caring and thinking of others needs and wants that we forget that we too have needs and wants and that it is perfectly okay to spend some time doing something we love.

Restore - To return (someone or something) to a former condition, place or position.
               To give (something stolen, taken away or lost) back to the original owner or recipient.

 I would like for women to return to the condition, place and position they were created for. God has put amazing talents, gifts and abilities within us that have gotten squashed or pushed aside by things that have hurt, bruised and scarred us. They have been stolen, taken away or lost over the years. I want this to be a place of restoration of hope, faith, love and trust.

Relate - to make or show a connection between
             to feel sympathy for or identify with

  None of us wants to be lonely and yet this is a prevalent feeling of most women. We all want to be a part of something. We all want to be included and be connected. Women have emotions that help us sympathise with others and we have this deep need to nurture and be nurtured. There has been something lacking in our relationships with each other and I would really love to see new friendships made and connections made. I would like to see the Holy Spirit moving within women's lives and a strong network of prayer for each other established.

Create - To cause to come into being, as something unique

This is the name of this new thing that I am doing. Create.
Everyone is creative. Some will tell me that they are not at all creative. Well I am not creative with drawing people. I know my weaknesses and my strengths. Yes I have a lot of strengths and there is a lot that I do well but there is just as much that I do very poorly. Housework. I do not do housework well. I am first to admit that I suck at it. I never kept my room clean as a child and I have a terrible time of creating order in my house. Others are better at this than I am or they have become very creative (like I have) of hiding the mess.
Some are better at interior decor. This is a bit of a challenge for me. I have been given a bit of this and a bit of that over the years which I am most grateful for but honestly nothing really matches, or it does but I am not sure. If you come visit me you can decide for yourself.
You see being creative is more than just being good with a pencil and some paint or glueing something on the right way it is about being who God created you to be. It is about using the gifts given to you.
You may be really great at making a delicious meal or blessing others. These things all come out of your creativity.
I would like for every women to feel that they are creative. They cause to come into being, as something unique. Not a copy but something that is as unique as their own fingerprint and DNA.

So it is with these 4 words and Psalm 51:10 that I would like to inspire and encourage women to rise up and be all they are called to be.


             

2 comments:

  1. Awesome words very well said! You know its taken me 23 years to know who I am in God and what I was made for sometimes I forget not to try and figure things out and just BE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly :) Yes sometimes we do get caught up and in the how, when, where and why and we stop trusting and just being and doing what we have been told to do.

      Delete