Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Faith, Hope and Love

1 Corinthians 13:13

Faith, Hope and Love. Three of the most awesome words in the world. Faith gives you something to Hope for. Faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things unseen. (Hebrews 11:1)

I think faith is awesome. I love having faith in God and in the things He can do and has done, through us and for us. I love how Hebrews 11 goes down the list of all those who and how through faith in God they achieved so much and did great things and had to step out into what God asked them to do. They saw God as faithful to do what He promised and so they stepped out in faith.
Jesus is the author and perfecter of our faith.
 Romans 5:1-8
Through being justified by faith we have peace with God because of Jesus. It is through Jesus we have access through faith into the grace we stand in and we rejoice in Hope of the glory of God.
Romans 5:3 says that no only do we have this faith but we also rejoice in suffering because we know that suffering produces endurance, endurance produces, character and character produces hope and hope does not disappoint.

Hope does not disappoint or put us to shame.  When we have faith it bolsters our hope. Hope is not just like a wish, like 'I wish or hope you get well soon' or 'I hope all goes well' but it is something we have in Christ. It is sure and steadfast and the anchor of our souls. Hebrews 6:13-20 Faith gives us hope and hope anchors us. It means we aren't blown this way and that and we cannot drift off out in to sea. We are steady and sure and sound.

Now Love is the greater than faith and hope. It is greater because we read in John 3:16 and Romans 5:8 that God loved us so much and demonstrated how much He loved us through sending His Son to die on the cross while we were still sinners. While we were still the ones yelling crucify Him and mocking Him, He died for us so that we can know what Faith is and what it really means to have Hope in Christ Jesus. But most of all what it truly means to be loved with a Never Stopping, Never Giving Up, Unbreaking, Always and Forever Love.

This Love will never leave us or forsake or abandon us. This love does not leave us as orphans, it doesn't stop on a bad day. God's love for us never gives up and is never broken under any circumstances. It will be there always and forever. Nothing can separate us from His love.

Trust steadily in God, Hope unswervingly and Love extravagantly. We love because God first loved us.

I remember as a young girl being totally overwhelmed by the love of God for me. I just wanted to see His face. I wanted to look upon the face of Jesus, who died to save me. Today I understand He loved me so much He was willing to take on my filthy sin onto His pure and clean body so that I can live the life that was always purposed for me.

I pray that you too will understand what faith and hope are but most of all I pray that you will be overwhelmed with the love God has for you.





No comments:

Post a Comment